Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nature Nurtures, Praise be to Him!

Ever since I was a little girl running around in the forest, staying close the freshly picked campsite as my mom and dad set up camp, I have felt the healing powers of what God has given us all. The beauty of what He has given never seizes to amaze me. I feel the air He gives flow through my lungs in a way that I can't explain when I am surrounded by the beauty He has given and it absolutely consumes me. I feel refreshed. Peaceful. Happy. I sometimes get so caught up in the life that I am living that sometimes, as weird as it sounds, I forget to live.

To me, to live is to allow myself to be completely enveloped in all the things that the Lord has given to me. Sometimes that means I have to stop what I am doing and escape all the worries of life as I steal away to the nearest place where I can sit in the quiet hills He has given me and simply be still and know that He is God.

This week I was faced with a decision, the first of what will hopefully be many. I had to turn down something that really felt like a perfect opportunity and do what was "smart." I had to make the choice that I didn't want to make. The thing is, having to turn down something that I really wanted to do was eye opening in so many ways. I realized that there is a reason for what happened this week and even though I have no idea why this was all put in front of me for what seems like no reason at all, I know that I learned to really pray about things, be patient (something that is really hard for me), and that God has a reason and all I have to do is trust Him. For He knows what is best for me and His timing is impeccable!

1 comment:

  1. Ah man Kels, now you've got me dreaming of being in the sun by a quiet lake, soaking in nature, while I'm at a sterile office desk... Bah! I know there will be many other opportunities, and I'm so proud of you for waiting, listening and trusting in God in this specific case. Love ya girl!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete