Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finding My Niche



Well, it has been a long few months since the first day I started my little boutique out there in the wonderful world of cyber space. I knew that it would be hard and that I wouldn't be an overnight success, but remaining hopeful and patient (I am not so good at patient) has proven to be harder than I thought it would be.

In the first few weeks I was going nuts with crafts of all sorts. When there was laundry piling up, dishes to be done, and a husband who likes to eat dinner, all I could think about was what I was going to make next, and posting my creations as soon as they were finished. As I soon came to realize, life did not stop for me while I was hibernating in my craft cave, and I had to find a balance between keeping up with my life and taking the necessary steps to follow a dream.



I will tell you that it has become more of a, "when I have time I will work on things," thing. But I can also tell you that when I get to burrow in and work on things I have a satisfaction that is so consuming and much more appreciated! Before, when I was frantically trying to work on things I wasn't really getting the chance to enjoy what I was doing. Now, I relax into a trance as I let the little craft fairies carry me away to a land where all things are made with pure enjoyment!

I have found my niche. By forcing creativity I was actually blocking the flow. With everything in life coming into focus and my priorities aligned with my goals I feel as though my dream of one day having a boutique on a busy downtown corner are that much closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment