Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dream Big

I can't believe what has happened over the last few days. Let me begin by saying that dreams really do come true, whether it happens all at once, or a little bit at a time.

Last week I finally buckled down and contacted the owner of a local boutique. It began with a phone call, followed by her invitation to come down with some of my things to show her what all I had. As I was driving across town, my mind was going crazy, I was nervous, excited, and giddy as all get out. I thought about what to say, and how I would say it, and about how I knew myself well enough to know that no matter what I planned to say in my head, I would most likely forget it all the second my speech was needed. Luckily for me, I didn't need a plan! She loved my stuff and wanted in an upcoming local fashion show right away. Needless to say that as I shook her had and began to walk out the door, I could not stop smiling, and haven't been able to since I left that little corner boutique at the end of last week! The next day I met with her again, and with a price list and all my accessories ready to find there home on the shelves of her boutique, I stood there in disbelief that my dream was coming true right before my eyes. I still don't think it has sunk in quite yet, but today I went in to deliver some more things and they were tagging my things. As I watched them punch the tags on to the scarves, and attach the little sticker tags to the rings, and headbands, I couldn't believe that my things actually were in a busy boutique on a downtown corner where people would wonder in and out and my things would be among all the beautiful things to look at!

True, it is not my boutique on a busy downtown corner, but it is a little step towards something that I have dreamed about since I can remember! The fashion show is this weekend and my things will actually be a part of an event! People will actually be able to see my things modeled and then also in a boutique! I can't wait to see what the future holds and am so thankful for all that has taken place so far this year (I can't believe the year is only beginning, keep it coming 2011)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment